Just like Bubbe used to make, if Bubbe had a secret ramen habit. Save the seasoning packets for the Ramen Bloody Mary, and you’ll be set for brunch.
- 1 stick (1/2 C) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 3 3-oz packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 C cottage cheese
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon, plus 1/4 t for garnish
- 1/2 C granulated sugar, plus 1 t for garnish
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C golden raisins
Heat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish and set aside.
Cook the noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain, toss with the melted butter, and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Add the eggs, whisking to combine, then the golden raisins.
Gently fold in the buttered noodles, and mix to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Stir together the remaining ground cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle over the noodles.
Bake the kugel for 40–45 minutes, until sides are bubbling and inside is set. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.